Working Holiday Canada | Canada Working Holiday Visa | IEC Visa |International Experience Canada | Newcomers Canada

Newcomers Career Fair - Vancouver

3 March 2018 at 10:00am-4:00pm more

Newcomers Career Fair - Toronto

7 April 2018 at 10:00am-4:00pm more

Newcomers Career Fair - Calgary

5 May 2018 at 10:00am-4:00pm more


Canada’s Working Holiday Visa is part of the International Exchange Canada (IEC) program, and allows young individuals the opportunity to travel and work in Canada for a period of up to 2 years. Taking part in a Working Holiday is a fantastic way to see Canada while earning some money, and there is no obligation to have a job lined up in advance. It’s no wonder it is such a popular program worldwide.


The majority of European countries participate in the program, as well as countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Japan and more. If you are unsure if your country of citizenship participates, you can check the handy tool on the Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) website.

Applicants generally have to be between 18 and 30, but again this depends on the country you are applying from.  Some countries have a limit of 35 years of age.

Eligibility requirements vary and are specific to each country, so it’s best to check the CIC website if you are unsure.

How to Apply

There are two ways to apply for Canada’s Working Holiday program. You can either apply directly to the Canadian government, or you can use the services of a recognised organisation.  To find out how to apply directly, see our section on ‘What is the IEC?’.  For further information on applying for IEC, see the CIC website