CANADA’S BEST COLLEGES
As colleges are generally smaller and provide more focused programs of study than those of universities, they can be more suitable for students who would like a more personal and specialized educational experience in Canada.
We have provided a list of some of the best colleges in Canada below.
- Centennial College: Located in Toronto, Ontario (Canada’s most populated province); Centennial has evolved from a small community college to an internationally recognized institution. Centennial is recognized as one of the most culturally diverse post-secondary institutions in Canada. Almost 100 ethno-cultural groups are represented and 80 languages are spoken on campus.
- Humber College: Humber College is one of Canada’s largest community college with 27,000 full time students. The college is located in Toronto. It is a member of Polytechnics Canada and offers a broad range of career focused credentials, including bachelor degrees, diplomas and certificates.
- George Brown College: George Brown has three main campuses, all located in Canada’s largest city, Toronto. The college works closely with industry leaders to ensure programs are evolving and providing students with the technical and people skills required in the workplace. In 2011, the college was rated as producing graduates with the skills employers in the Greater Toronto Area value most.
- Seneca College: Located in Toronto, Seneca offers full-time, part-time and continuing education options. It specializes in programs relating to technology, business, financial services and applied arts. The college has partnerships with industry leaders and believes education should be flexible and accessible.
- Dawson College: Dawson College is located in the heart of Montreal, in Quebec. Established in 1969, it was the first English language institution in the city. The college sits on 12 acres of open space and is easily accessible by public transport. It provides a range of programs in several disciplines, including several pre-university programs.
- Red Deer College: Located in Red Deer, Alberta, this college has over 75 program options, including an award winning Performing Arts programs. It has affordable fees and focuses on small class sizes. It has been named as one of the province’s most innovative organizations due to its Centre for Innovation in Manufacturing.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic: Located in Saskatoon, the polytechnic offers degrees, apprenticeships and technical training, and more. Students receive personalized attention and hands-on learning. The polytechnic enrols approximately 13,000 students and has a 95% program satisfaction rate.
- Red River College: Named as one of the best colleges in the Manitoba province and located in Winnipeg, Red River is consistently expanding and growing. The college has more than 30,000 students and 200 programs. It is the provinces largest institute of applied learning and boasts a 95% graduate employment rate.
- Nova Scotia Community College: NSCC is unique in that the college has thirteen campuses located throughout Nova Scotia. The college provides students with small class sizes, specialized programs and instructors with real world experience.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology: Located in Burnaby, BCIT is one of British Columbia’s largest post-secondary institutions. BCIT programs are conducted in small class sizes, and programs are developed in consultation with leading employers. BCIT has a strong focus on technological and scientific development, with a state of the art Aerospace Technology Campus, robotics lab, a fully equipped radio and TV studio and a Marine Engine Room Simulator.
The above list is simply a guide for finding the right educational institution for you. There are hundreds of universities and colleges throughout Canada; make sure you explore all the options available.